When your home’s siding is damaged, you need to decide whether to perform repairs or have it completely replaced. It can be a tough decision to make, and all homeowners want to make the most responsible action possible.
Here are things to consider when deciding to repair or replace your siding.
When Repairing Your Siding Is Feasible
Repairing your siding is a popular option among homeowners because it is usually less expensive and takes a short time to finish. You may opt for a repair if you notice the following:
- Mold and mildew – If you spot signs of mold and mildew, it is best to call in the pros. If you locate the source and remove the damage in a timely manner, it will cause significantly fewer problems that repairs can fix fine.
- Holes – Holes not only let in moisture, but are also a sign that pests are gradually making their way into your home. Make sure you address the issue right away to minimize the extent of the damage.
- Chipping paint – If the siding material has minor cracks or chipping paint in a small area, it can be easily repaired by a professional at a low cost.
When Replacing Your Siding Is Feasible
There are times when replacing all the siding is the most cost-effective solution. Go for siding replacement if you encounter the following cases:
- Dry rot – Rot is a clear indication that your siding is starting to fail. It often starts below the surface, and it will eat away the rest of your siding if left untreated.
- Excessive maintenance – If you find yourself frequently cleaning, repainting and repairing your siding in a short period of time, it may be best to replace it altogether.
- Fading – If your siding looks outdated with an obvious fading color, the waterproofing could be running its course, meaning it is only a matter of time before it shows signs of water damage.
Contact Professionals for Your Siding Needs
The Badger Company offers top-notch siding repair and replacement services to residents of Waunakee and the surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment or request a free quote, give us a call at (608) 850-6282, or fill out our contact form.